Thursday 18 September 2014

31 Day Challenge, Day 18 - Half moon studs

For my more "standard" half moon manicure, I decided to take on the recent trend for exposing part of your nude nail bed. After applying my base coat, I stuck on some hole reinforcements and painted my nails with two coats of OPI's Every Month Is Oktoberfest, a nice shimmery vampy red. I then peeled off the reinforcements and used some acetone and a brush to clean up the half moons, and then a nail art brush to draw in any points that weren't sharp enough.

It looked nice, but I thought it could use a little something else, so I stuck on some studs which I got from Born Pretty Store.



I really like the finished look!



4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I think we both had the same rhinestones idea :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't the rhinestones work so well on half moon nails? I just love the look! :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely (: I like the finish product. The rhinestone Stands out on the dark background (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved this mani so much, I was staring at my nails and the shiny studs all day. :)

      Delete